We're super excited to announce that musician and singer-songwriter, Freya Milliken has joined the Surkeus Community today! Be sure to catch Freya at one of many scheduled show dates across Nova Scotia this summer, and we're super excited to be working with her on her upcoming debut album - out soon!
Welcome to the Surkeus Community, Freya!
Follow Freya on Instagram.
Freya Milliken is a multitalented musician and singer-songwriter from Dorchester, NB, currently pursuing a Bachelor of Music degree at Acadia University. She draws inspiration from a wide variety of genres, such as folk, rock and jazz, and many people compare her style to the likes of Joni Mitchell, Maggie Rogers, and Tracy Chapman. Freya's soulful vocals paired with her perceptive lyrics and talents on the guitar evoke engaging, heartfelt songs which describe the human experience, and touch audiences from across the lifespan. Her performances range from intimate and soft to bold and energetic, all the while expressing a sensitive, passionate, and easy-going demeanor. Recent performances include a virtual showcase at Festival 506 in 2021, which followed a busy summer playing at Festival Inspire, Saint John Pride Festival, and Hom’Art Festival.
• Paddlefest – St. Andrews, NB. May 22
• Kentville Community Supper – Kentville, NS. May 24.
• Songs of Small Resistance: Songwriter’s Showcase and Album Launch – KCIC Garden Room, Wolfville, NS. June 3
• Abigail Lapell, Jenny Berkel, and Freya Milliken – Opera House, Lunenburg, NS. June 10.
• Abigail Lapell, Jenny Berkel, and Freya Milliken – North Mountain United Tapestry, Harbourville, NS. June 11.
• Opening for Daniel James McFadyen – Al Whittle Theatre, Wolfville, NS. June 14.
• Full Circle Festival – Avonport, NS. June 17
• Folly Fest – Fredericton, NB. July 8.
• Larlee Creek Hullabaloo – Perth-Andover, NB. August 12-13